The fit was very accurate. Im about 5'10" and 190lbs and the large is a great fit. Im also a large in their tri kits (which are a little on the tight size, but the suit is perfect).
I haven't had any rubbing that required me to start using body glide, and removing the suit was surprisingly easy with the different materials. In 69 degree water, I was surprisingly warm and the suit seals really well. It also was not as much of an increase in work to swim in the suit as I thought it would be.
Basically, its an awesome suit, has a great fit and feel and is perfect in the water. I would definitely buy this one again.
I found the fit was accurate. Comfortable to breath in. Best wetsuit I've tried yet personally. I tried the roka and it was tighter on the chest for me and not as comfortable.
This wetsuit is simple and effective in some ways that are applicable to Triathlon, and lacks in areas related to retaining heat.
I'm 6'2" and 180lbs, and ordered size L after ripping an Xterra Medium Tall I thought I needed to size up.
Things I liked:
- This suit is very easy to get in and out of. If your #1 need is quick exchanges then it will work great.
- Flexibility of the fabric is good, fits well in the shoulders.
- The zipper usage is very easy and it has a nice velcro strip at the end of the strap to secure it to the lower back of the suit.
- The neck is nice and comfortable, the velcro is secure at the back of the neck and no chaffing (I use vaseline always)
Things I don't like
- If you want to swim in water colder than 70 degrees Farenheit, this suit WILL NOT KEEP YOU THAT WARM. The forearm panels are not neoprene (they're swimsuit material), and let in tons of cold water. (Side note: forearm panels are a farce anyway, I wish triathlon companies would ditch them all together, please)
- The back zipper lets in lots of water as well.
- The ankle holes and wrist holes are not water tight at all. Obviously made for taking on/off quickly, with little thought given to warmth.
- For 6'2"/180lbs, the torso, arms, and legs are all a little short, and for a "large" it fits me comfortably, But I'm about 10-12% BF% so XL may be better for someone who has a little more size in their legs/middle area.
I'm a "skinny" guy, maybe not in the triathlon realm, but I would need to upgrade to a Large Tall if I was to buy it again to accommodate my 6'2" height.
If you're racing/training in the summer in warm-but-wetsuit-legal water temps, this is a great suit. If you want to stay warm in colder temps, this is not your suit.
Hope this helps someone!!
- An Avid Open Water Swimmer/Triathlete
I’ve tried 5 different suits similar to this one (orca sonar, 2xu, etc) and this is by far THE BEST. Most flexible in the shoulders as well as most buoyant in the hips. They really crushed it with this suit!!
Excellent quality and flexibility. Easy to get on/off. Great product!