Men's ULTRA Buoyancy Short - Gold
Elevate your swim training with the NEW 2023 Zoot Buoyancy Shorts. These shorts promote optimal body position by naturally elevating your body/legs and lifting your hips up, putting you in the fastest position possible. Training with optimal body position creates muscle memory that allows for a more efficient stroke on race day. Designed with the same high-end Yamamoto materials as all of Zoot Wetsuits, the Buoyancy Short is durable and will hold up to hours of pool and open-water use. Rinse with fresh water after each use.
- Drawcord at waist for a secure fit
- SCS hydrodynamic finish
- Durable Melco Tape spot reinforcements
- Gender-specific ergonomically shaped panels
- Waistband: 1.5mm Yamamoto SCS C39
- Center Front: 3mm Yamamoto SCS C39
- Front Leg: 4.5mm Yamamoto SCS Aerodome
- Side Leg: 3mm Yamamoto SCS C39
- Seat: 5mm Yamamoto SCS C39
- Crotch: 4mm Yamamoto SCS C39
Orders ship within 1-2 business days. All orders ship USPS or FED EX from our Zoot HQ in Southern California.
I was using the TYR Hurricane shorts, but I didn’t like that you couldn’t really snug them up enough and water would creep in on the back side. These do not! Also, I shaved about 10 seconds per 100 off my average. I would highly recommend. I do agree with other reviewers that the drawstring should be a bit longer.
I love these trunks except for two issues, one minor, the other MAJOR:
1) As others have mentioned, the drawstring isn’t adequate. However I added a cord lock and they no longer slip down on turns in the pool. Problem fixed.
2) MAJOR ISSUE: I get a hive-like rash from wearing them and will have to discontinue using them it’s so bad. After visiting the dermatologist, conducting a bunch of test swims, and doing a lot of reading, I’ve figured out that I experience allergic reactions to the glue or neoprene used in the shorts. I don’t have particularly sensitive skin or any other skin conditions, so this is quite surprising. I want keep using the shorts but bumpy, burning, and itching nether regions make it impossible!
Not sure how these things are constructed but they are not in any way hypoallergenic. Too bad
They are great. I’ve already had a pair and this pair is replaced the other ones.
This was my first time wearing a pair of buoyancy shorts. They fit great and I could not get over the improved swim times. I wound definitely recommend them.
I’m a size 35-36, thinking a Large would be good. It was, but it was just slightly snug. Return was really easy and fast. Ordered an XL & it was perfect. I agree with others that the drawstrings need to be longer.
This short was perfect with keeping my butt level (I always drag my lower body when swimming). In the pool, it made me ten seconds/100 yard pace faster. In the open, rough ocean of the North Shore of Oahu for the swim series, it really made a huge difference and I was about 30 seconds/100 yards pace, faster! To each their own though, that was just my experience. Once the water gets in between the shorts and your skin, that water stays warm, just like a wetsuit.
I was lucky and found an online coupon for Zoot to drop the regular price a lot. Look for an online coupon before purchasing, if you want to save some money.
Highly recommend! Check out my photo. It’s great stuff!
Aerodome is designed with air bubbles built between the fabric layers to make it lighter and producing up to 30% more buoyancy than conventional neoprene.
Aqualift buoyancy technology stratigically places 5mm neoproene panels in both the front and rear to help raise the hips to put the body in the most efficient swimming position.
Only the best Neoprene
Zoot only uses the hightest grade neoprene in the world from the Yamamoto Corporaton in Japan.
Gender Specific Pattern
Gender-specific ergonomically shaped panels for maximum comfort and fit.
Long Lasting Construction
Durable glued and blindstitched construction with melco spot reinforcements on joints.
Ergonomic waist with drawcord
Designed with with a higer cut in back for coverage and drawcord at waist for a secure fit.